Close this search box.

Frequently Asked Questions

How do I make changes to my W-4?

Please contact your HR or payroll analyst for W-4 changes.

When do I get paid?

State employees are paid every other Friday. You can view your paycheck by logging onto

How do I file a grievance (dispute resolution)?

Arkansas law establishes a grievance procedure for eligible state employees who have been suspended or terminated from their employment. (Arkansas Code Annotated § 21-1-701 et seq.) Employees should contact their human resources office for more information. For additional grievance questions, please call 501-682-5350 or email

How can I increase my retirement contribution?

While employee contributions to the APERS retirement system are fixed by law, you can start saving for your retirement with an Arkansas Diamond Deferred Compensation Plan and/or increase your contributions to your AR Diamond at any time.  Contact your HR Administrator for more information. 

How do I change my e-mail address in EASE?

Go to to update your information.

What is the state’s maternity leave benefit?

Maternity leave is treated as any other leave for sickness or disability; however, the employee may elect to take an unpaid leave of absence without pay without exhausting accumulated annual and sick leave. An employee may request catastrophic leave to receive paid maternity leave. If an employee is eligible for both catastrophic leave for maternity purposes and family medical leave for maternity purposes, the two shall run concurrently. View resources available for new families on our MyARFamily webpage.

How do I opt-in for a paperless W-2?

Go to to opt in for paperless W-2.

Where is the Statewide Personnel Policy?

OPM has the statutory responsibility of administering the State’s Personnel System and establishing personnel policies, procedures and regulations to ensure system uniformity across state government in accordance with state and federal law. View the State Policies.

How can I update my banking information?

Complete this Direct Deposit form and provide it to your HR department for any banking changes.

How do I apply for a job with the State of Arkansas?

Check out our new job search and apply site at ARCareers. You can search for jobs by state department, location, or keyword and do it all from any device. Go to and join our talent community today and sign up for customized job alerts! For current state employees, please log into your MyARCareers account with your State User ID and click on the Careers tile to search for job opportunities statewide.

What courses are available at OPM Training? And, how do I register?

With the new learning management system, you can explore the state library catalog or training offerings specifically by your department; self-register for courses from your desktop, device, or smartphone (fees may apply); receive emails and reminders of upcoming classes and scheduled offerings; access your learning history (if applicable); send course recommendations to your peers or request a course (if available); and add job-relevant certifications, professional seminars, and courses to your learning history by logging into your MyARCareers account with your State User ID by clicking on the MyARLearning tile.

Scroll to Top