Employee Benefits

Arkansas State

Arkansas State | Public School


Enrolling as a new hire or during Open Enrollment

You can enroll in ARBenefits coverage within 60 days of your hire date or during Open Enrollment To enroll during either of these periods, you will need to log into your ARBenefits Member Portal. Check out our How to Enroll Online Guide to view more information on how to do this through your ARBenefits Member Portal.

Enrolling/canceling/making changes due to a qualifying event

You can enroll, cancel or make changes to your ARBenefits coverage within 60 days of a qualifying event (marriage, divorce, birth/adoption, gain/loss of other coverage.) To make changes or cancel coverage due to a qualifying event, you must submit an ARBenefits Change Form along with the supporting documentation below if applicable. To enroll for the first time due to a qualifying event, you must submit an ARBenefits Election Form along with the following documentation if applicable.

Documentation to add a dependent
  • Marriage License – to add a spouse or stepchild
  • ARBenefits Spousal Affidavit form – to add a spouse
  • Birth Certificate/adoption paperwork – to add a child
  • Proof of prior coverage (must include names and dates of coverage) – to add yourself, a spouse, or a child due to loss of coverage
Documentation to drop a dependent
  • Divorce Decree – to drop a spouse due to divorce
  • Proof of other coverage (must include names and dates of coverage) – to drop coverage on yourself, a child, or a spouse due to a gain of other coverage



Voluntary products are additional insurance plans offered by the State. This includes enrolling in a Health Savings Account (HSA), Flexible Spending Account (FSA), life insurance, dental and vision insurance

Health Savings Account (HSA)

An HSA allows you to use pre-tax funds to cover eligible expenses. These are offered through Optum Financial

Eligibility: Must be on the Basic Plan or Classic Plan
Contributions: Can be adjusted anytime
Account Access: Will still be available even after you leave
your employer
Enrollment: Do not need to re-enroll each year
Rollover of Funds: Funds will rollover

Flexible Spending Account (FSA)

An FSA allows you to use pre-tax funds to cover eligible expenses. Medical FSA can be used on eligible medical expenses. Dependent Care FSA (or DCAP) can be used on expenses relating to daycare and elder care. Limited Purpose FSA can be paired with a HSA to be used on dental and vision expenses.

  • Eligibility: Must be on the Premium Plan or No Health to enroll
  • Contributions: Can only be adjusted during Open Enrollment, the new hire period, or if you have a qualifying event.
  • Account Access: Will be lost after you leave your employer
  • Enrollment: Must re-enroll each year
  • Rollover of Funds: Funds over $550 do not rollover

Dental and Vision

Delta Dental and Humana Vision are both available to State employees through Arkansas State Employee Benefits Advisors (ARSEBA).

Dental Plan Comparison
Delta Dental Enrollment Form
Humana Vision Benefit Summary
Humana Vision Application

Life Insurance

Colonial Life’s group term life insurance can help provide
financial security for your family. See below for more information on options through Colonial Life.

Colonial Life Enrollment and Rates
Basic and Enhanced Basic Coverage Brochure
Supplemental Coverage Brochure
Colonial Life Change Form
Colonial Life Beneficiary Change Form
Colonial Life Evidence of Insurability


Scroll to Top