ARBenefitsWell Program Guidelines
The ARBenefitsWell program is a wellness program that allows for a monthly discount in premium for active Arkansas state employees (ASE) and public school employees (PSE) when certain wellness criteria are met during the 2021 plan year. Any discount put in place would be effective January 1, 2022. This program was created in an effort to reduce ever-increasing claims costs and encourage participants of the ARBenefits Plan to actively engage in their own health and well-being. Retirees are not eligible for the ARBenefitsWell program.
Requirements to receive the discount in 2022
- Employees and covered spouses BOTH must complete a wellness visit through a Catapult Health worksite checkup, or through their own physician.
- Employees and covered spouses BOTH must complete a health assessment if they utilize their physician for the wellness visit.
- Employee and covered spouses BOTH must complete the Tobacco Cessation Program if they test positive for nicotine.
Requirements to receive the discount in 2023
- Employees and covered spouses BOTH must complete a wellness visit through their own physician.
ARBenefits has partnered with Catapult Health to provide worksite health checkups at state agencies and school districts. There is no charge to the employee or covered spouse to participate in a checkup with Catapult Health. The benefit to completing a checkup with Catapult is that you have the ability to complete all your wellness requirements in one setting as the Catapult checkup includes both the biometric screening and a health risk assessment.
Members can also have their own physician conduct their wellness screening. Participants will need to have their physician complete the Primary Care Provider form available below. If you choose to use your own doctor complete the wellness requirements, you will need to additionally complete the Health Risk Assessment (see instructions under the “Health Risk Assessment” section on how to complete this assessment.)
Wellness Screenings must include:
- Blood work to collect cholesterol and blood glucose levels
- Height and weight measurement to derive Body Mass Index (BMI)
- Blood pressure measurement
- Nicotine screening
Health Risk Assessment
Employees and covered spouses have two ways to complete the Health Risk Assessment.
- Members who participate in a worksite checkup through Catapult Health will complete their health assessment during their checkup.
- Members who use their own physician to conduct their screening can complete an online health assessment by logging in to their My Blueprint account at healthadvantage-hmo.com. The online Health Risk Assessment will be available to complete starting January 1, 2021.
Members who test positive for nicotine can still complete program requirements by enrolling in a tobacco cessation program through Health Advantage. An online and a telephonic program are available to members.
The online program through the My Blueprint portal is a six-week course. The modules can only be completed one week at a time. Members who choose this option will complete the requirement when they have completed all six modules. TSS EBD receives weekly reporting of completions only.
A telephonic cessation program is also available through New Directions Behavioral Health (EAP). Members are required to complete one telephonic coaching session. Completion of the telephonic coaching entitles members to receive the nicotine replacement aids at no cost at the pharmacy. TSS EBD receives weekly reporting of completions only. Members interested in utilizing the telephonic program can contact New Directions at 1-877-300-9103.
Active employees and covered spouses have until October 31, 2021 to complete all requirements to receive the discount in 2022.
New Hires: New state or public school employees hired on or after July 1, 2021, or an employee who transfers to another agency or school district with a break in coverage, will automatically receive the wellness premium discount for the 2022 plan year. New hires are still encouraged to take advantage of Catapult Health worksite clinics and the Health Assessment through their My Blueprint account
Failure to Meet the Deadline: If an active employee and/or covered spouse fails to complete all requirements before the deadline of October 31, 2021, that employee will be ineligible to receive a monthly discount for any part of the 2022 plan year.